- Open the Settings app .
- Tap your name.
- Tap Subscriptions.
- Tap the subscription.
- Tap Cancel Subscription. You might need to scroll down to find the Cancel Subscription button. If there is no Cancel button or you see an expiration message in red text, the subscription is already canceled.
On an Android phone or tablet:
- Open the Google Play app.
- At the top right, tap the profile icon.
- Tap Payments & subscriptions > Subscriptions.
- Select the subscription you want to cancel.
- Tap Cancel subscription.
- Follow the instructions.
- Open the App Store app.
- Click your name. If you can't find your name, click Sign In.
- Click Account Settings.
- Scroll to Subscriptions, then click Manage.
- Next to the subscription, click Edit.
- Click Cancel Subscription. If there is no Cancel or Cancel Subscription button, the subscription is already canceled.
If you want to cancel the upcoming App Store subscription during the trial, please cancel it at least 24 hours before the trial ends, following Apple's advice.
Subscriptions purchased through our site can be canceled there, too - payment.endel.io.
If you don't see Endel in the list of subscriptions and on our site, it means that you clicked the cross on the payment screen during onboarding, and the application switched to the Free Edition of Endel with restricted access to the soundscapes library without charges.
Please note: if not canceled properly, the subscription is seen by both Stores as active (and subject to recurring payment) — even after you delete the app. This applies to all apps, not just Endel.